New Delhi: India today reported a total of 81,466 new Coronavirus cases and 469 deaths in the last 24 hours. Notably, this is the highest single-day spike in infections reported since October. Further, 50,356 people recuperated from the disease in the same time span, data by Health Ministry showed on Friday. The fresh infections pushed the COVID-19 tally in the country to 1,23,03,131, while the total fatalities rose to 1,63,396.
India Coronavirus Report
- Total cases: 1,23,03,131
- Total recoveries: 1,15,25,039
- Active cases: 6,14,696
- Death toll: 1,63,396
- Total vaccination: 6,87,89,13
Top Points From This Big Story
- The single-day rise in cases is the highest recorded since October 2, 2020, while the death toll increased to 1,63,396 with 469 daily new fatalities, the highest since December 6, the data updated at 8 am showed.
- The recovery rate has further dropped to 93.67 percent, the data stated.
- As many as 81,484 new infections were recorded in a span of 24 hours on October 2 while 482 daily deaths were registered on December 6.
- The case fatality rate stood at 1.33 percent, the data stated.
- India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5, and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20, and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
- According to the ICMR, 24,59,12,587 samples have been tested up to April 1, and 11,13,966 samples were tested on Thursday.